Saturday, January 26, 2013

66 Years Ago

In 1947 I was visiting my grandmother and drawing all sorts of images. At 11 years old, I loved to draw and color.  Thankfully, my mother saved this in my "packet" of photos, report cards, certificates and art. 

Today, I was looking through the packet, getting lots of laughs when reading the teacher comments on the report cards, and came across this drawing. It was on really old and thin paper, looked like plain store wrapping, but the thing that got my attention was the LAMP! I don't know how the pertinent information came to be on the bottom of the drawing, bit it definitely looks like my grandma.

Yes, I have that same old and useful reading lamp right in the cabin living area. It has traveled many miles and had become a part of several homes before becoming now at rest here. It IS the same lamp, I just know it. I remember it being in the home I lived in when I was a teenager. 




1 comment:

  1. You could have been a cartoonist! Or a caricature artist! ELEVEN and that talented! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete